Stable Court, Holiday accommodation, Antrim, Northern Ireland
Stable Court in Antrim is the first accommodation provider of its type to install a modular biomass heating solution designed by heat engineering specialists BSH. The Antrim based tourist destination invested £63,000 in the innovative system which will see it become one of the first district heating systems fuelled by biomass and accepted into the NI Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme.
- Replace propane gas system with modern biomass-fuelled one
- Improve efficiency for the dwelling and decreasing fuel overheads
- Reduce carbon and CO2 emissions
- Assist Stable Court in applying for and successfully achieving the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
BSH worked with Sheridan Hood to design and install a bespoke modular 99kw biomass boiler system. The system was installed onsite in a pre-packaged plant room, ensuring ease of access and minimal disruption to Stable Court.
The system delivers increased annual efficiency over the previous gas boiler system installed and enabled Stable Court to comply with the demands of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- Technology paid back in under 5 years
- Removing their annual fuel bill of over £20,000 for the next 20 years with the RHI
- 48,000kgs of carbon annually