LOOKERS PLC, Volkswagen Showroom
The Volkswagen dealership in Blackburn is one of Lookers plc’s busiest branches. The building utilized traditional air conditioning systems for cooling as well as natural gas fired radiant heating. The costly system experienced a number of catastrophic failures that were impacting the businesses profitability.
BS Holdings recommended a biomass heating solution that would see the outdated HVAC system replaced with our 199kw wood pellet fuel heating modules, complete with absorption chiller and the capability to utilise the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) provided by government.
- Providing heating and cooling for the Volkswagen dealership
- Delivering a cost effective heating solution
- Harnessing renewable technologies
- Reducing carbon and CO2 emissions
- Enhancing profitability through reduced overheads
- Providing guidance and support
- Assisting in RHI application and acceptance
A complete refit of the HVAC system was undertaken by BSH’s sister company Sheridan & Hood. This was undertaken in a live environment to ensure that the dealership remained operational and profitable throughout the implementation.
The unique heating and cooling system displaced the outdated systems with the equipment performing the role of heating, cooling and water provisions by use of wood pellet fuels throughout the dealership. The unique system was extended into the adjacent Lookers body repair centre.
This is the first dealership in the UK to become carbon neutral and the state-of-the-art heating and cooling system is the first of its kind to be installed in England. The energy centre has entirely removed the running costs for heat and cooling.
- Sustainable heating and cooling
- 354,000kg annual carbon reduction
- Acceptance into the RHI
- Free heating and cooling for the next 20 years