Islandbawn, Service Station
Antrim, Northern Ireland
A family-owned supermarket, Islandbawn has been in business for over 30 years and has expanded and modernised since its opening. The inefficient heating infrastructure put in place when the business began was still in place. BSH was commissioned to solve the company’s heat requirements and improve efficiency as well as helping them save money through application and acceptance into the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- Developing a heating system to meet new business demands resulting from deli counter
- Achieving greater annual efficiency
- Helping Islandbawn qualify for the RHI in order to avail of free heat for 20 years
- Reducing business overheads
- Reducing carbon and CO2 emissions
- Eliminating need for immersion heaters to heat water
BSH replace Islandbawn’s existing heating medium with a low temperature hot water system throughout using mounted fan convectors, over door heaters, fan coil store room heaters, conventional radiators for staff areas and a high recovery water cylinder for catering needs. The system is powered by a 99Kw biomass boiler system which meets the requirements of the RHI.
Not only did the new bespoke system installed by BSH help to modernise the facilities at Islandbawn, but as a result of the installation the business was accepted into the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and is benefitting of the scheme’s maximum payment of 5.9 per kilowatt hour of heat generated by the new biomass-fuelled heating system.
- Sustainable and secure heating
- 131 tonne carbon reduction per year
- Acceptance into the RHI
- Modernised and reliable heating system