Galgorm Castle Golf Club, Antrim,
Ballymena’s Galgorm Golf Club wished to upgrade its dated LPG heating system and electric immersion to grow the club’s green credentials and reduce fuel overheads. BSH were recruited to install a pre-packaged plant room in order to allow the existing system to remain in place but unused in the event that a backup method of heating should ever be required.
- Replacing outdated existing heating system with a state-of-the-art biomass system
- Achieving greater annual efficiency
- Improving heat security with multiple boilers working at once rather than one boiler providing all heat requirements
- Reducing business overheads
- Reducing carbon and CO2 emissions
- Assisting in RHI application and acceptance
BSH installed a Biofuel Heating System contained in a Pre-Packaged Plant Room to allow for the original heating system to remain in place as a backup. The BSH system includes a 99kw model comprised of 3 boilers with 5 stages of modularisation.
The system delivers much greater annual efficiency than traditional single boiler systems and also increases security with multiple boilers providing heat to the site when required. This new biomass-fuelled setup also enables Galgorm Golf Club to take advantage of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Sustainable and secure heating
- 61,000kg per annum carbon reduction
- Acceptance into the RHI
- Contained boiler system in a tidy pre-packaged plant room