Charles Hurst Group, Ferrari/Maserati Showroom
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The showroom, formerly Charles Hurst head office was transformed to compliment the high end retail sales of the exclusive vehicles. The building had formerly been heated by natural gas, but new proposals had indicated a change to electric air-conditioning for heating and cooling.
BSH recommended a biomass heating proposal including our 99kw wood pellet fuel heating modules, complete with absorption chiller and the capability to utilise the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) provided by government.
- Providing heating and cooling for the Ferrari and Maserati franchise
- Offering a cost effective heating solution
- Utilising renewable technologies
- Reducing carbon and CO2 emissions
- Reducing business overheads
- Providing guidance and support
- Assisting in RHI application and acceptance
The showroom was fitted out with Dunham Bush fan coils ducted to air grilles hidden throughout the ceiling. Pipe work provides hot and cold water systems from an external pre-package unit provided by BSH. BMS controls maintains a stable environment enabling cooling when and where it is required.
The unique cooling system was extended into a central communications room which was the IT central hub for their UK wide group operations.
This is the first small scale absorption chiller project in Ireland, and was used as a template by Lookers PLC for future works in the UK; to assist them in carbon reduction before mandatory reporting of the corporate carbon footprint to the stock exchange begins.
- Sustainable heating and cooling
- 166,000kg annual carbon reduction (70%)
- Acceptance into the RHI
- Free heating and cooling for the next 20 years.